Coming to Steam on June 11th for $4.99, players will command new leaders and units, explore the lore book and transform circle biomes in the brand new game mode: ‘Terraform’!
The follow-up to what Kotaku described as “one of the few games in this big tent of a genre that really does seem to do something new” - Circle Empires Rivals does it again and introduces co-op and competitive PvP multiplayer modes, alongside a huge amount of new single-player content.
The press kit for Circle Empires Rivals: Forces of Nature can be found here.
About Circle Empires Rivals: Forces of Nature
Ancient beings have awoken to lay claim to our circles once more! From the depths come monsters befriended by the crafty merfolk. From the forests come the elves and their woodland allies. Searching for ways to optimize their warfare, these opposing forces harness magics of old - taming beasts to do their bidding, and building structures that will instantly transform the land.
Now that power rests within you! Play as two new leaders and control their unique factions. Recruit special units - a wide array of elves, beasts, and tree creatures - even some ferocious fire units! Use their mysterious magic to transform circles into your desired biome. Water circle? Child’s play. Lush forests? Easy peasy. Acid pits that deal damage to everything in the circle? You got it!
- A new game mode ‘Terraform’ allowing you to take control over the battlefield and change terrain types.
- A lore book with 12 paragraphs and illustrations about the different Circle Empires factions.
- 20 new units, including giant turtles, peace-loving fairies and shapeshifting wolf-workers!
- Two new leaders with unique armies
- New level-ups for existing units
About Circle Empires Rivals
In this stand-alone multiplayer sequel to the award-winning RTS Circle Empires, you and your friends will take control of your own tiny kingdoms and conquer a world made of circles. Each one is overflowing with enemies to fight, monsters to hunt and loot to horde. Watch out though, as friends quickly turn to rivals…
- Fast-paced RTS action.
- Play alone or with friends in a variety of online game modes, including competitive and co-op!
- The world is made of circles, each with different loot and enemies
- Hundreds of different creatures, buildings and harvestable resources
- Units gain XP and level up
- Six game modes including: Roguelike, King Hunt and Stop the Army
- 10 new biomes with different bonuses and mechanics
- 25+ different faction leaders and 40 huntable boss monsters
- Procedurally generated worlds containing unique flora and fauna
- Huge range of difficulty options for any skill level
Luminous is an Estonian indie game company founded by developer Mihkel Trei. He’s been developing games since 2002 and got the idea of Circle Empires from a famous graphic designer who said “Always start a design by drawing a circle”.
In 2016, Luminous partnered with Edvin Aedma, a developer on the Estonian indie hit Teleglitch: Die More Edition. Together, they decided to involve two more Estonian indie dev companies run by Edvin: Interactive Fate, to create a complete overhaul of all Circle Empires graphics, and Playtest Games, to ensure smooth production of the entire project. In August 2018 the first Circle Empires game came out and was wildly successful. It received Apex Monsters DLC in the following months. In 2019 Luminous started working on the multiplayer sequel Circle Empires Rivals.
ABOUT ICEBERG INTERACTIVE
Iceberg Interactive is an independent video game publisher founded in 2009 by an international group of games industry veterans. Located in Haarlem, The Netherlands and staffed with avid gamers, Iceberg works closely with an assembly of game developers around the world, both midsize and indie.
Known for many hit franchises including Starpoint Gemini, Killing Floor and Stardrive; the company has enjoyed recent success with titles such as Shortest Trip to Earth, The Sojourn and Railroad Corporation. Iceberg Interactive has many exciting games coming up, including Blazing Sails (PC), Transient (PC, PS4, XBO), Lunacy: Saint Rhodes (PC) and Star Dynasties (PC).
To learn more, please visit www.iceberg-games.com
+31 (0) 235 430 960