Dutch developer Split Polygon and publisher Iceberg Interactive are proud to announce their upcoming collaboration on sci-fi simulation title Interstellar Rift, currently available through Steam’s Early Access Program. Explore the gameplay trailer below and make sure to wishlist it now on Steam!
“As one of the leading publishers in the space strategy genre, we have been following the Interstellar Rift project for some time, and we can see massive potential – that is why we are teaming up with fellow Dutch studio Split Polygon, at this pivotal stage of the game’s development. We are aware that the game has been part of Steam’s Early Access program for a considerable time, and some may have wondered- will it ever get finished? We can now say with certainty that it will” - says Erik Schreuder, CEO Iceberg Interactive.
“There is a lot of untapped potential, and a patient but active community built around what has happened so far with this game. Our decision to invest in, and market this game, will allow for a late Q3-2020 launch out of Early Access (present global circumstances permitting). We are currently fleshing out a full roadmap to achieve this timeline, which will include updates such as improved tutorials, fire mechanics, onboard defenses and much, much More. We expect that players will be eager to get on board with this exciting last stage of development, and we hope to be continually expanding and improving the game for many years to come.”
About Interstellar Rift
Interstellar Rift is a first-person spaceship simulator where you get to build and pilot your spaceship, command your crew and fight a dangerous alien race that’s threatening to seize control of the entire galaxy. Players must band together to stop these enigmatic invaders before they threaten the safety and profits of their enterprises.
- Build your own spaceship with a versatile and powerful ship editor.
- Engage in challenging combat with other players against a hostile alien race.
- Trade and mine for resources across various solar systems.
- Make strategic alliances with various factions in space.
- Explore and survive a vast, yet dangerous universe together with your crew.
Current Early Access highlights include:
- Combat & Hacking - Players can use various weapons such as laser turrets, torpedo launchers and rail guns to combat the enemies they encounter, or each other. To aid with combat, hacking has also been introduced, allowing players to hack enemy ships or to repel incoming hacks by upgrading their firewalls.
- Missions - Joinable factions such as a pirate faction, one for trading, one for combat and one for mining have been added. These factions populate the systems with stations and offer the players system events, which are community based objectives that can be completed to increase the influence of a faction, or to repel it.
- Factions & Star System Events - Players can pick up missions from the stations of various factions in the game and complete them for special rewards, and to gain a better reputation with the faction which allows them to progress through the game. Missions can be done solo or with a crew, which shares the rewards.
- Procedural Galaxy & Opening Rifts to other star systems - This update unlocked a large galaxy full of generated solar systems with unique resources. Players need to open up intergalactic rifts to gain access to new solar systems.
- Hostile Enemies - Pirate drones and the Skrill faction, which is an invading alien species that threatens the enterprises of players, have been added. Each Skrill type has its own mechanics, and as players progress through the game they will encounter bigger and stronger enemies.
- Nuclear Reactors - To give players more options, and to make it easier to power large ships, nuclear reactors and the underlying resource chains were introduced. They consume various tiers of nuclear fuel, but are dangerous when reaching high temperatures.
- Tiered Star System Progression - In order to guide players through Interstellar Rift, tiered solar systems were introduced. Players can only reach these once they've gained enough reputation with one of the factions in the game. Resources and devices are spread out among the tiers, and players will need to progress through these tiers to unlock most of them.
- Resource Automation - With added devices, such as the ACTR and the cargo teleporter, players can set up automated production lines on their ships and stations; allowing them to scale up their mining and refining capabilities over time.
- Custom Player Drones - Players can equip their ships with a drone bay, which can be used to construct custom drones. These drones can be given tasks to perform, such as mining, repairing, delivering items or defending a target.
- Tool crafting - A 3D printer has been introduced, which allows players to print such things as a repair gun to repair devices on the spot, batteries to power devices, and various cartridges used to automate or improve the behavior of the ship. Players can also use it to print guns and ammo, or use alien biomatter to make some health packs.
ABOUT SPLIT POLYGON
Split Polygon is a Dutch independent game company of five people, founded in 2013 in Breda, the Netherlands. It was started by a group of local game design students who love to make (and play) games, and they’re always looking to add new and interesting mechanics on top of the proven gameplay that all of us enjoy on a daily basis. The team at Split Polygon likes to aim high for the breadth and scope of their games, and hopes to create enduring, open ended games, which offer players the freedom to play in their own way.
Split Polygon is still hard at work on their first game, Interstellar Rift, which has been built on a custom game engine specifically designed to cater to the needs of the project.
ABOUT ICEBERG INTERACTIVE
Iceberg Interactive is an independent video game publisher founded in 2009 by an international group of games industry veterans. Located in Haarlem, The Netherlands and staffed with avid gamers, Iceberg works closely with an assembly of game developers around the world, both midsize and indie.
Known for many hit franchises including Starpoint Gemini, Killing Floor and Stardrive; the company has enjoyed recent success with titles such as Shortest Trip to Earth, The Sojourn and Railroad Corporation. Iceberg Interactive has many exciting games coming up, including Blazing Sails (PC) Pax Nova (PC), Transient (PC, PS4, XBO), Lunacy: Saint Rhodes (PC) and Star Dynasties (PC).
To learn more, please visit www.iceberg-games.com
+31 (0) 235 430 960